The Liebster Tag

By | 19:31 Leave a Comment
Liebster is the German word for dearest, sweetheart, beloved person, darling etc and so when I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the beautiful Caitlin, I was a little confused. I thought there would be an online poll or something where people voted for their favourite bloggers. I was wrong. Basically, the Liebster Award gives the opportunity to the lesser-known bloggers to mix with other bloggers, strengthening their connections which have the possibility to form into friendships. It's quite sweet, really.

Last week, whilst I was on holiday Sophie also nominated me, so instead of doing another post I thought I'd just add her questions onto this one. Thankyou Sophie for the nomination!

The rules are as follows:
1. You must link the post back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer all 11 questions that have been chosen by the person who nominated you.
3. You have to pick 11 people to nominate - but they must have under 200 followers.
4. You can't nominate the person who nominated you.
5. You must tell the nominees they have been nominated.


These are the questions that Caitlin gave me - and my answers:

1. What's your favourite drugstore foundation?
- That'll have to be No7's Beautifully Matte Foundation that I did a review on here. It's been a fave of mine for years.

2. What are you goals for your blog in 2014? 
- I'm really hoping that it takes off this year. I've been doing it for around 14 months now and I keep seeing all these beginner bloggers have thousands of loyal followers mere months after they've started. I know I shouldn't compare to others but sometimes I can't help but feel like I'm failing and that I should quit whilst I'm ahead. Especially seen as that's what so many people keep telling me to do, seen as writing a blog will never put food on my plate. Ah well, I'll just have to keep everything crossed! 

3. Name a lipstick you couldn't live without
- Oooh, this is a toughie 'cause I'm a huuuge lipstick junkie. My faves would have to be Illamasqua's Ignite, Bourjois' Rouge Edition in 11 Fraise Remix or Barry M's 162... I love so many but it's so hard to pick haha!

4. Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years time?
- I hope I'm still blogging and have a YouTube channel by then, maybe even have moved out and got a job in the beauty/fashion industry! 

5. Have you got any beauty resolutions for this year?
- Yes! I'm gonna try and get my skin into the best condition possible (more than I have been these past 6 or so years!) because although I adore makeup, I don't enjoy having to wake up early to put it on. It's less enjoyable spending at least an hour on my makeup when I'm tired! Also, I wanna start contouring properly, white foundation n'all!

6. A skincare product that's an essential
- Montagne Jeunesse (I can't pronounce it to save my life, I also had to google the spelling *hangs head in beauty blogger shame*) face masks - they smell amazing, do wonders for my skin AND they're cruelty-free and vegetarian. I love 'em I do!

7. What's your favourite healthy food?
- I'm slightly addicted to falafels and houmous at the moment (ooh hark at me being a good veggie for once!).

8. Who's your current favourite blogger and why?
- This will have to go to Zoe Sugg, a.k.a. Zoella. I pretty much idolise her and she's the one that gave me the inspiration to start blogging.

9. How many posts do you aim to post a week?
- Usually I go for two - a Manicure Monday and then a general post on Friday. I'm pretty rubbish though and sometimes don't post at all, or when I do I post late *tut-tut*.

10. What are your thoughts on Maybelline Baby Lips, yay or nay?
- NAY. Maybelline test on animals and therefore I refuse to purchase any of their products.

11. What products are you hoping to try this year?
- Urban Decay Naked3, Illamasqua's Skin Base Foundation...and probably many more cult products that my mind has just decided to erase.



And these are the questions Sophie asked me...

1. Where would you love to travel to?
- California probably, I've never been to America ya'see.

2. What's your favourite High Street shop?
- Oooh this is hard... Jack Wills, Zara and H&M are my faves, but I can't pick one 'cause I love them all for different reasons haha!

3. What are your favourite skincare item/s?
- Answered this in Caitlin's questions (No6).

4. When did you start blogging?
- Monday 3rd December 2012. Check out my first ever post here.

5. Favourite singer/songwriter?
- LORDE ALLLLLL THE WAAAAY!

6. What are your hopes for 2014?
- That I've passed my driving test, got my Mini and earning a proper wage!

7. Are you a student? If so what are you studying?
- No, I'm not a student.

8. What would be your dream job?
- Honestly? Doing this...blogging, YouTubing (if that's a word?) because ever since I was little, I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up (apart from being a princess...the dream still lives on!) and now that I've 'grown up' this is what I'm passionate about, what I think about every day and what I'm excited to do - even when I'm watching TV I've got my laptop on my knee and writing out new posts!

9. Do you have any hobbies?
- Blogging, collecting beauty products, talking to my cats...I'm a very boring person haha.

10. Do you have a blog you read everyday without fault?
- ...does my own count? Haha! I don't have a blog that I read everyday to be honest because I know that once I start reading, I won't stop.

11. If money was no object, what would you like to buy? Only one!
- Can I be really sensible and say a mansion? That way I could rent it out and make a bunch of money from it, and then when I'm ready to move out I've already got my house sorted! God I sound like I'm in my 40s or something...

Now, I was meant to nominate other bloggers but after being unable to find any that hadn't been previously nominated, I sent out a tweet to which no-one replied to. Sigh. Oh well, I really enjoyed doing this little post so once again I'd like to give a huge thankyou to Caitlin & Sophie for nominating me.

Have you been nominated for a Liebster Award?

0 comments:

Post a Comment