Duty-Free Purchases

By | 20:00 Leave a Comment
I've spent the last fortnight basking in a sun-filled paradise that is the beautiful island of Lanzarote (that's why there's been a lack of posts, I didn't die or anything like some of you thought. So over dramatic. *rolls eyes and clicks fingers in a z formation*). We stayed in the most stunning private villa - complete with our own pool and hot tub! Despite having a luxurious villa, we got stuck with the most unhygienic of cars. I'm 99% sure that the stain I was forced to sit on on the way to our villa was in fact where someone had wet themselves. I later went on to put my hand on the door handle to find chewed-up chewing gum behind it. Not only that but there was mysterious white crusty stains EVERYWHERE. I really don't wanna guess what it was, but I just had to grin (grimace) and bear it - germs and all.



On the plane to Arrecife from Leeds Bradford, I decided to take advantage of Jet2's forever fabulous range of goodies on offer (that included a 20% discount might I add!!) and managed to bag a bareMinerals Starter Kit (£31.60 - without discount £39.50 - it's £49 RRP) and a Models Own set (£16 - without discount £20 - unavailable on the high street). I was so excited to try bareMinerals as I actually don't have any of their products, I know so many people have raved about their powders but I was unsure. As a sufferer of terrible skin, I didn't believe that just a powder could cover my acne scarring. Because of the amazing price, I decided to give it a try! As for the Models Own set, I bought a similar one on a Jet2 flight a couple years back and adored the polishes, especially the glitter ones. I know many of you will be sighing at me, because if you're a regular reader you'll know that I have well over 100 polishes...Oopsies?! Oh well, I've been wanting one of their Beetlejuice polishes for aaaages as (now this may come as a shock) I don't own any. The set also includes two scented polishes (new to my collection too) and two firework polishes. I'm chuffed I had the chance to expand my Models Own collection 'cause I've always been put off the regular price. I mean, it's not overly expensive (£5), but when I compare it to the fact that I could either buy one Models Own polish or (almost) two Barry M paints, I'm gonna go for the paints, yano?






How cute is the packaging?!


I'm super-excited to try my new purchases, although I am a little apprehensive about the bareMinerals powders, as they claim to do a lot. I may even do a review on them sometime in the near future...

What are your top duty-free holiday picks?

0 comments:

Post a Comment