My Top 5 Perfumes

By | 20:40 Leave a Comment
After many years as a child sat cross-legged in my mum's bedroom admiring her wide collection of perfumes, with big names like Dolce & Gabbana and Gucci sprawled across the front of the bottles, and top notes of patchouli and musk filling the air, I knew that perfume would be a big deal for me when I could afford my own bottle. Ten years on and I have now owned over 50 perfumes myself, with my current number at an embarrassing 24 and counting. I have never stuck to a particular scent, I've had phases where I favoured musk, then fresh fragrances, and now it seems that I'm loving all things feminine and flirty. Here I have compiled my top 5 perfumes and why I think you should go out and buy it yourself!


No.5 - Eau de S&G Perfume Spray

Cheap and cheerful is a good way to describe this perfume. I got it a couple of years ago in a Soap & Glory set that I decided to treat myself to (after shopping for everyone's Christmas presents, I think I deserved a treat!). Because it was part of a set which only cost £20 I didn't think highly of it until I smelt it. I used to wear this perfume to school, and received countless compliments from both boys and girls. It's a classy fragrance, the kind that's very hard to dislike, and if you're a fan of the S&G toiletries, it smells like pretty much all of their products. Apparently it has the same scent as that of S&G's Mist You Madly body spray, although I haven't smelt it myself so I can't guarantee it.
- Eau de S&G includes notes of bergamot, cassis, magnolia, freesia, vanilla and musk.



No.4 - Katy Perry Meow Eau de Parfum


Meow is Perry's second fragrance, and is a sweeter, although milkier version of its predecessor. Its super-sweet scent was inspired by Perry's own Candyfornia (shown in her California Girls music video). Although it is very sweet, it's not overpowering to me, but may be to some. Perry has described the fragrance as 'edible', and if this was a sweet, I'd want to eat it! Cat lovers, be warned, as you will fall in love with this adorable bottle.
- Meow has top notes of jasmine, gardenia, tangerine and pear, middle notes of African orange flower, honeysuckle and lily-of-the-valley, and base notes of musk, sandalwood, amber and vanilla.



No.3 - Justin Bieber Someday Eau de Parfum

I know what you're thinking. Justin Bieber, the international popstar that has taken the world by storm has now decided to tackle the perfume industry. 'It's going to be terrible' were the words I saw when scouring the internet after hearing a rumour that Mr Bieber himself was creating his very own Eau de Parfum. Well to anyone that doubted him, you couldn't be more wrong. Someday won Best New Celebrity Fragrance 2012 by the Fragrance Foundation UK and at the launch of the perfume at NYC store Macy's, it was deemed by the department store's president himself as "the biggest celebrity fragrance launch on record". I know. Although I am a huge Belieber myself, I did underestimate his ability to produce a good fragrance. I was expecting it to be weak and cheap-smelling but boy is it anything but! With Someday's website describing it as 'playful, thought- provoking, fresh yet flirty, and anything but ordinary' I can say I agree.
- Someday has top notes of mandarin orange, pear and red berries, middle notes of jasmine and floral notes, and base notes of musk and vanilla.



No.2 - Justin Bieber Girlfriend Eau de Parfum

Similar to Someday, although Girlfriend is an older, flirtier scent and has slightly better longevity when worn. It's a light and sophisticated fragrance, and although it is aimed at the teen market, don't be discouraged as it is suitable for almost any woman that wants to feel young again. An additional bonus, all the profits from both Girlfriend and Someday go to charity. I have also compared the similarity between Girlfriend and Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy, with the conclusion that they are very similar in scent but Girlfriend is a longer-lasting version.
- Girlfriend has top notes of mandarin orange, blackberry, strawberry and pear, middle notes of pink freesia, star jasmine, apricot and orange blossom, and base notes of vanilla orchid, musk and white amber.



No.1 - Katy Perry Purr Eau de Parfum

And the winner is... Purr by Katy Perry! This is one phenomenal fragrance, I have three bottles of the stuff! Yes, I am obsessed. Do not let Katy Perry's name fool you out of considering this perfume. Most people will see a celebrity name on a bottle of perfume and instantly walk away. Not only is the bottle the cutest perfume bottle in the history of perfume bottles, but the scent is super-cute too! It's a flirty and sexy fragrance, with the ability to make me feel amazing every time I wear it. Plus, both the Purr and Meow bottles look adorable next to one another on my dressing table!
- Purr has top notes of gardenia, bamboo, peach and red apple, middle notes of jasmine, freesia and rose, and base notes of musk, sandalwood, amber, vanilla, coconut and orchid.



(Edited note: Katy Perry's Purr & Meow and Justin Bieber's Someday & Girlfriend are sadly no longer cruelty-free due to Perry selling her perfume rights to Coty and Bieber's to Elizabeth Arden, both animal-testing companies. I will no longer be purchasing any of these fragrances, which means I am going have to find cruelty-free alternatives which is becoming more and more difficult as gradually more fragrance companies are starting to test on animals. If anyone knows of any fragrances similar to any of these that aren't tested on animals please leave a comment below!)

What are your favourite perfumes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment