No7 Beautifully Matte foundation review

By | 21:36 Leave a Comment
I have been through countless numbers of foundations, and none of them have ever been sufficient. I have oily, spot-prone, fair skin and would therefore need a foundation with medium/full coverage with serious staying power. Many foundations that I have tried have either become patchy on my skin within a few hours, or were too watery and not thick enough to cover my acne scars. A few years ago I discovered No7's Beautifully Matte foundation in Boots, picked up the lightest shade and went home. When I got home I applied the foundation and to my horror it was ridiculously dark with a disgusting tinge of orange - it's safe to say I looked like I had been tangoed. Sadly, the foundation's coverage was amazing and lasted all day (I only wore it at home, lucklily no-one had to see me like that, haha!). No7 must've realised that their colour range was awful, and only recently have they decided to give their entire foundation range a re-vamp. I was delighted to find that their Beautifully Matte foundation was included in this re-vamp, which meant that they had a shade for ones with a lighter complexion (Cool Vanilla).





The foundation promises 'up to 14 hours shine free complexion and a soft, even finish' and includes SPF 15 and is also hypo-allergenic. It comes in 14 different shades, and seems suitable for everyone, from light to dark skinned.


You would need to apply powder to 'lighten' the foundation as it can feel heavy on the skin otherwise. Although it promises up to 14 hours shine free complexion, due to my oily skin it doesn't last this long without blotting papers and reapplication of powder a couple of times a day. Despite this, it may work for those without oily skin, as the foundation doesn't seem drying but it is made for those with oily skin which is quite frustrating due to it not being brilliant at keeping me shine-free all day. The only main problem I have with this foundation is that it still doesn't match my skin colour - I have only ever found one brand that does (Illamasqua 133 - perfect match!) but I do still use this on a regular basis. I know, you'll all be disappointed in me but i'm the Queen of blending and I always make sure it graduates down my neck, no-one has noticed yet and I've been wearing it for a year! It's fantastic value for money, just a shame it's not a perfect match. Damn my English skin!


Before (on my wrist)
with No7's Beautifully Matte foundation


No7 Beautifully Matte foundation is available at Boots for £12.95

0 comments:

Post a Comment