My First Purchase...Sleek MakeUP

By | 20:00 Leave a Comment
About a couple of months ago I was in Leeds City Centre with a friend, indulging in some early Saturday evening shopping after a long day at work. We were walking past Superdrug when I dragged her in, enticed by the calls from the makeup gods.


As many of you may know, NARS' Orgasm (cue giggles) blusher is a cult favourite. I have heard so many people rave about it, and I wanted it for myself but wasn't willing to pay the slightly-hefty price of £21.50. Therefore, when I heard the same people say how amazing Sleek's Rose Gold blush (£4.49) was, and how it was a perfect dupe for Orgasm (cue giggles again) I couldn't help myself but get it. Instead of just getting the single blush I decided to get the Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette in Light (£9.99) which has the Rose Gold blush, a contour powder and a highlighting powder - a perfect set for those who aren't blessed with naturally model-like bone structure (can I hear a hallelujah?!).


I was pretty excited to try this as the blusher is so pretty but I was kinda disappointed. It just doesn't seem very pigmented, it's like it's just a highlighter really as very little of the actual colour comes through. I'm trying really hard to like it but it looks like it's not going to happen anytime soon :(. Despite this, the contour powder and highlighter (I love it because it isn't white - it has a hint of peach to it!) are much more pigmented and are great for defining the face so when I run out I think I'll just buy the Contour Kit and not Face Form... I really do like the packaging of it though, as it has a massive mirror inside and the three powders are perfect sizes. I find that many face palettes are waaay too small for my brushes which end up getting all the different powders on at once, when I only wanted one of them!


As well as Face Form, I also purchased the Eau La La Liner in Melba 319 (£4.99) which claims to be not only smudgeproof, but also waterproof. Also, I thought it was just a lip liner, but it's an eyeliner too! Big claims to make, really. I got this muted peachy-coral as many of my lipsticks are nudes, plus it's my favourite of all the shades! I really like the packaging of the pencil, it's very, 'Sleek' if you pardon the pun haha! Just going by the packaging I'd buy all the colours, but if the product doesn't match up I'd be a bit of a waste. The product is very very creamy, more so than any other lip liner I've tried, so that's a bonus as you don't have to worry about it drying your lips out. After doing the swatches, I attempted to remove the liner off my wrist with a makeup wipe and it wouldn't come off. I scrubbed at my wrist and it's still there. Faint, but there. Safe to say I'm impressed! I applied it to my lips and it felt very creamy, like I said earlier but after about 20 seconds I could feel it going a little sticky and after about 10 minutes I tried to rub it off and sadly it came off completely. Annoying how it wouldn't come off my arm with a makeup wipe yet came off clean with a tissue on my lips... Therefore, I tried again, this time gently blotting after applying the liner all over my lips, and lo and behold another 10 minutes went by and this time when I tried to rub it off with a tissue...it still came off. I mean, this time it was clinging on for dear life so I can't complain too much but when it promises to be smudeproof and waterproof and then most of it comes off with a tissue I'm not best pleased! For £4.99 it's a pretty decent product, I intend on buying all the colours as they are not only fantastic value but also have a dual use, despite the fact that they lied about being smudgeproof and waterproof, I'm still fairly happy with it as it doesn't dry my lips out and therefore won't be harsh on my eyes either.


I'm not amazed by Sleek MakeUP but I'm more than willing to buy more of their products, especially the liners, and I may even have to try out their eyeshadow palettes but I doubt they'd be anywhere near as good as my ultimate faves that are Urban Decay. Oh well, we'll have to see. Till next week my darlings!

What's your favourite Sleek product?

0 comments:

Post a Comment