Vaseline - a.k.a. the Worst Lip Balm Ever

By | 20:00 Leave a Comment



This week I've decided I need to rant, prepare yourselves...

I will say this time and time again as it seems like people need telling. Vaseline 'Lip Therapy' is terrible for your lips. Petroleum jelly that is the main (and only in the original edition) ingredient in Vaseline stops the natural moisture production in your lips, meaning that the second you stop using it your lips go so chapped and flaky that it can become extremely painful. Because of this, many people believe that chapped lips is normal when you don't use lip balm everyday - surprisingly, it's not. I use lip balm maybe twice a week and I can easily say that I have soft, chap-free lips 95% of the time, the other 5% is during the height of summer and winter, which is normal. So many people use Vaseline and it breaks my heart how they've all been sucked into their ingenious marketing scheme - create a lip balm that makes your lips full of moisture and when they stop using it make their lips super dry so they'll think that it's the Vaseline working some sort of miracle and they'll buy more - brilliant! No. Sorry not sorry, I refuse to let you lovely lot fall into this trap.

You see, my bestie is obsessed with the stuff. And I mean, obsessed. Whenever we go anywhere she always needs two things - her Blackberry and her Vaseline. You know that blind panic that you get when you can't find your keys or your purse in your bag? Well, she gets that with her Vaseline. She literally freaks out until she realises it was in her pocket the entire time, to which she desperately rags the tin lid off and starts applying liberally to her lips. I can't help but laugh, bless her. I've tried to explain to her that it's bad for her but she's been well and truly sucked into Vaseline's scam, the poor thing. I can just imagine her reading this now, fumbling for the tin hahaha, love you!

If you are a Vaseline addict, I suggest you switch to a lip balm that is kind to your lips. I love Balmi lip balms, which I have written a review for here. But remember, you're not meant to use lip balms every day, so if a lip balm is making your lips dryer, stop using it!

Are you a Vaseline addict that's been converted?

0 comments:

Post a Comment