Holiday Haul - Paphos, Cyprus Summer 2014

By | 20:00 Leave a Comment


A mere 34 hours prior to writing this post, I landed at Leeds Bradford International Airport following my fabulous two-week holiday in the ever-so stunning Mediterranean island of Cyprus. I absolutely adooooore Cyprus, I've been three times now to the cute beach town of Coral Bay in Paphos, and every time I fall in love with the place all over again. I managed to see Petra tou Romiou (Aphrodite's Birthplace, above) this time which I was super happy about as I'm really interested in Greek Mythology. Anyways, you guys don't wanna hear about what I did on my holiday, but I do know you'll wanna hear about what I bought, so here goes...




First off I started in LBIA's Duty-Free. Obviously. I needed to get some make-up remover wipes as I had none left at home, and I knew there was a Superdrug in the Airport so I just popped in there. As well as the face wipes I got some nail polish remover pads and a lip balm. Like I need more. As well as going to Superdrug, I also went to WHSmith to get a couple magazines that came with some fab freebies!



Superdrug Cleansing Facial Wipes (for combination skin) - £0.99
Like I said before, I needed some face wipes as I had none for my holiday. There wasn't much selection but I know that Superdrug is cruelty-free so I went straight for theirs. They had different ones but I thought best to just go for the cheap ones. Sadly they had none for oily skin so I just opted for the combination ones and so far there haven't been any issues. I can see myself buying these again to be honest, they remove make-up really easily and aren't irritating or harsh on my eyes, and they're dirt cheap!



Superdrug 20 Nourishing Nail Polish Remover Pads - £1.39
I've had the regualar pads before and to be honest they're not that great. They take forever to remove the polish, but I guess you have to expect that when they're super cheap. Instead of opting for the regular ones like last time, I went for these ones as they're acetone free and the same price as the others.



Barry M Cor Balmy! Lip Balm in Rosie Lea - £3.49
I'd realised when I was in Superdrug that I forgot my usual holiday lip balm (balmi lip balm in coconut, check out my review here) so that instantly gave me permission to by a new one. I always get excited to go the the Barry M stand in the airport as I adore their polishes. Mum stopped me from getting the new Summer Gelly collection though. Sad face. So instead of buying a bunch of new polishes, I went for one of their brand new lip balms - Cor Balmy! I didn't have high hopes of this to be honest, but I actually really like it. I got it in the shade Rosie Lea which is a bright rose pink with a hint of mauve. It's pretty nourishing and a beautiful colour. I think Mum is going to have to stop me from buying all these too...



Glamour magazine (with free Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in either Navy or Black) -
I love Glamour, so when I saw that they were giving away a free Eyeko liner with their magazine I just had to get it. You had a choice of navy or black but I didn't realise this until later, and ended up getting the navy one. At first I was annoyed at myself but then became excited to try navy as I (suprisingly) don't have one at home. I've used it a couple times so far and at the moment I love it.



Cosmopolitan magazine (with free pair of sunglasses) -
Cosmopolitan is probably my favourite magazine out of them all. I've got a pair of their sunglasses from a previous issue and they're not amazing, which isn't exactly surprising, but they're not too shabby either. There were three different shades to choose from and I opted for these black ones.




Despite being super close to the gorgeous Kings Avenue Mall, I didn't do any shopping in Cyprus itself apart from getting a cute bracelet in one of the little shops, and a nightingale jug whistle from the market which I sadly broke. Although, I did have a look around at Paphos International Airport's Duty-Free, and was excited to find a Body Shop stand.


The Body Shop Lip Butter Lollipop - €20.70 (£15 but on sale for £10)
After almost an hour of sulking because my Mum guilt-tripped me into not getting this lip butter set, I went against her wishes and got it anyway. Sorry Mum. I've been wanting one of these lollipops for aaaages, so to see one in an airport in Paphos of all places when I thought they'd stopped selling them was practically the Universe telling me I needed it. I definitely needed it.


On the flight back home to Leeds I had a little flick through Jet2's JetAway magazine, checking out all the products they had on offer. I always look through on both flights there and back, but usually get the stuff I've been eyeing up on the way back, unless it's something I reeeally want. This time their selection wasn't that good for me as there were very few cruelty-free products, which I was disappointed about, but I still managed to get something after telling myself I didn't need a new bottle of Paco Rabanne's Lady Million.



Eylure Eye & Lash Kit in Warm Smokey - £12
I was umm-ing and ahh-ing over whether to get this. After around three hours of contemplating and blasting out Iggy Azalea and Foxes' new albums to help me, I decided to get it. After all, it's not like I don't have enough eyeshadows or falsies or mascara or eyeliner now is it? Noooooo of course not... The set includes three eyeshadows in gold, plum and charcoal as well as a liquid liner and mascara, both black and a pair of naturalites 107 lashes and lashfix.


Have you been on holiday recently?

0 comments:

Post a Comment