March/April Empties

By | 17:30 Leave a Comment


I understand that it's July now and March and April seem like forever ago, but I enjoy writing empties posts as it reminds me that although I buy a lot of products, I do actually use them up too. That's my excuse whenever I step into Boots, anyway.

In the space of these two months I used up a lot more products than I usually would, so this is gonna be a pretty hefty post! I've decided that I'm going to split all the products up into different categories, to make it a little more structured. Everything is better when it's organised. God, I'm starting to sound like my mother...



Make-up



No7 Stay Precise Felt Tip Eyeliner in Black - £8
This was the first felt tip liner I used (I think...) and it helped me achieve the ideal 'perfect eyeliner look' pretty much every day. I didn't like this product too much as I thought that it was kinda pricey for the quality but it was super-easy to use and it was a rarity that I ended up with uneven eyeliner, something that I (and pretty much everyone else) hate.


Natural Collection Pressed Powder in Cool x 4 - £1.99 each
I bet you're all sick of me talking about this powder but I adore it so much! Like I've said in the past the coverage is virtually non-existent but it sets my foundation brilliantly and that's all that really matters to me in a setting powder. And for £1.99 I can almost justify using four of them in the space of two months. Almost.


Autograph Ultimate Wear Long-Lasting Foundation in Ivory - £12.50
I got this a year or so ago and I recall liking it but absolutely hating (using bold shows just how much I hated it, adds a nice dramatic effect. Although I am not dramatic. At all. Hahahahaha.) the smell. It smelt like I had smeared oil all over my face. It was awful. Despite the not-so-pretty memory of this foundation, I thought to give it another chance. Still. Hated. It. The smell was even worse than what I remembered! I can usually deal with bad-scented products if the rest of it is good quality but after about 2 minutes of having the foundation on my face I had to get it off. It's such a shame really 'cause I'd used it quite a few times when I'd first got it, and thought that maybe it was just my bottle that had the oily smell. I looked on the M&S website at the reviews and there was no mention of the scent. I then popped into M&S (something that I seem to be doing every week now) and smelt the ones on the stand, and they smelt just like mine. All oily. Oh well, £12.50 is kinda expensive for me anyways. At least my purse is happy!


17 Clear Definition Mascara - £4.69
I used this for longer than I care to admit, hence the cute orange-tinge. There's nothing amazing about this product to be honest. I use clear mascara to set my brows, and this didn't do a very good job of it. It was okay, and it helped 'clean' my brows of powder, but it had very little setting ability. I much prefer the Natural Collection LashCare Mascara - it does the job and it's cheap!


Pro Blender Sponge - £2.20 (pack of 4)
I got these about a year ago from Amazon as I wanted a Beauty Blender but wasn't willing to pay the ridiculous price of £16 for a freaking sponge. And after a while of scouring, I found this pack of 4. I loved these sponges, for the price they were pretty impressive and a great dupe for the BB. But sadly, when I was cleaning the blue one, I didn't rinse the soap off properly and it ended up going all weird and gooey. I'm not too bothered though as it only cost 55p, and it's lasted pretty well before I ruined it!



Skincare



Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - £5.50 (30ml tube)
I got this as a freebie when I bought the full skincare set once, and although I'd usually save it for my holidays, I'd ran out of the full-sized HCC and so I ended up using this mini instead. Not much to say about this cleanser except that I love it. But if you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll have read my post on how to look after your skin here and already know that. I love shamelessly plugging my own posts.


Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser - £19.25 (50ml pump)
Like Liz Earle's HCC, I adore her Light Moisturiser too. It's not greasy, and it sinks into my skin beautifully, leaving it silky soft like a baby's botty!



Hair Products



Lee Stafford Hair Growth Conditioner - £6.99
I love the Hair Growth range from Lee Stafford, and this conditioner is no exception. Because I have so much hair, I go through this stuff super-fast, which makes makes my hair happy but my purse not so much.


Nature's Origin Shampoo & Conditioner
Mum got me this set from Home Bargains for my holiday to Lanzarote back in February, and although it did the job of cleaning my hair, I did find it quite drying. Despite this, the conditioner did a good job of putting moisture back into my hair, but not enough as was needed.


Batiste Dry Shampoo a Hint of Colour in Medium & Brunette - £3.99
I'm trying to wash my hair less nowadays as the amount of shampoo and conditioner I go through is pretty excessive, and it's not exactly cheap. I used to wash my hair every single day, but now I wash it every other day and therefore need something to stop it looking greasy in between those days. That's where Batiste comes in. Before, I couldn't use them as they would make my hair look grey, but luckily enough for the dark-haired girls of the world, they brought out coloured dry shampoo. Brilliant!



Other



Ted Baker Candle in Set My World Alight (from the Holy Smoke set)
I got this candle as part of a set for Christmas from my Mum and Dad. It smells amazing, which isn't exactly surprising from Ted Baker. I do wish they weren't just a holiday thing as I would definitely repurchase them.


Marks & Spencer Floral Collection Anti-Perspirant Deodorant in Rose - £2
I don't really have much to say for this except it does the job, it's cheap, and it's cruelty-free!


The Body Shop Earth Lovers Shower Gel in Lemon & Thyme
I adore these shower gels. I got a bunch for my birthday ages ago and just got around to using them. Sadly, they've been discontinued for some unknown reason, but they were great. I especially loved this lemon and thyme one - the only way I can describe the scent is that it smells like a hot guy. And therefore it made me smell like a hot guy. Not something a girly-girl like me should look for in a fragrance, but it just smelt sooooooo good.

What have you used up recently?

0 comments:

Post a Comment