Make-up Mishaps Tag

By | 19:00 Leave a Comment
Last week the beautiful Meg tagged me in the Makeup Mishaps Tag. I hadn't heard of the tag before, but after reading her post (which was both witty and nostalgic) I was excited to answer the questions myself. So a big thank you to Meg for tagging me, I do love tag posts!


Here are the questions and my answers...

Ok, so you're attending a high-end beauty event, would you rather:


Have really thick, sharpie like eyebrows or a major neck/foundation line?
- Both make me want to cry. But if I HAD to choose, then probably a foundation line, just because it's easily fixable (plus I have long hair so I could just flip it over my shoulder and pretend it's a scarf to disguise it) whereas sharpie-brows aren't.


Have chipped nail polish or horribly faded lipstick?
- See, I have a thing about chipped polish, it seems to say a lot about a person. If one of my nails is chipped, I'll repaint them all. I feel really messy if they aren't perfect, so I'll have to go for faded lipstick. After all, it might just look like I have lip stain on...


Have smudged all your eye makeup or have lipstick on your teeth?
- Smudged eye makeup could pass for a fashion trend, so I'm going with that fer-sure. If I had lipstick on my teeth I'd feel like Caroline Krafft from Mean Girls and that's not cool.


Over highlight - a la disco ball - or over pluck those brows and look completely surprised?
- Hmmmm, probably over-pluck my eyebrows. I can easily use powder to fill them back in, whereas trying to tone down highlighter is like trying to go on a diet - a lot of hassle, and never the results you expected.


It's a typical working/school day, and unfortunately your beauty products have gone missing. You can only find a few things hidden at the bottom of your makeup bag, and have to use what you can find. What do you choose?
- Foundation, powder and mascara. I'm really hoping that brushes and a powder puff are included haha! I have really bad skin, so coverage is essential with the foundation. I have really oily skin, so that's where the powder comes in, and obviously I need mascara otherwise I'd look ill.


OTT unsubtle fake lashes or clear mascara?
- Clear mascara all the way. I'd rather keep my make-up natural than over-the-top. Sometimes.


A foundation five shades too dark or five shades too light?
- Ah, the dreaded 'slag-line', something I was a victim of for several years. As I have super fair skin, almost porcelain, I've never found a foundation shade that's matched my skin (until I found Illamasqua) so it was always too dark. Me being awesome managed to blend it to hell and apply almost-white powder, I think(?) I got away with it seen as I once got told by someone at a makeup counter that it was matched perfectly to my skin colour. And no, she wasn't being sarcastic! I think... Anyways, I think I'd have to go for five shades too light, because you can easily darken it up with a little powder.


Hair-gloss (a beautifully-sticky gloss: perfect for getting your hair stuck to in the wind) or gorgeous concealer lips?
- The thought of concealer lips makes me want to throw up a little. You guys have no idea how much I hate it when girls wear concealer on their lips. Despite this, my hair is my favourite and there is no way I would allow lipgloss anywhere near my mane. So I'm going to have to go for concealer lips *shudders in sheer horror*. I'm actually pretty chuffed that I never went through that god-awful phase. I patted myself on the back after typing that.


Finally, it's the middle of summer - you can either have a manicure or a pedicure. However, the other set of nails have to be bare - what do you pick?
- Pedicure. Feet are ugly as it is, at least a pedicure would make them look a little better!


As much as I enjoyed writing this post, it did scare me a little haha! I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that none of those mishaps end up happening to me. Although they inevitably will. Sad face. So once again I'd like to thank Meg for tagging me!

I tag:
They're all lovely girls and if you haven't checked out their blogs yet, what are you waiting for?!

What are your make-up mishaps?

0 comments:

Post a Comment