Holiday Fashion

By | 23:21 Leave a Comment
I am currently typing this whilst laying out on a rattan chair, on the balcony of the Majorcan villa that I'm calling home for twelve days. It's just after 6 in the afternoon, day 2 so the sun is still in the sky but there's this gentle cool breeze floating in the air. I decided to sit up here so I could look out at the breathtaking view in front of the villa, talk about panoramic sea views! Just wish the villa opposite didn't get in the way :( you truly can never have your cake and eat it too... Anyway, I thought I'd just inform you of my location, to explain why there hasn't been a blog post in a while (damn you villa with no wi-fi!!) and fulfill the request of a holiday fashion blogpost.



What I flew in


During a plane journey you gotta stay comfy, and because of this I travelled in a black H&M vest top, maroon Jack Wills skinny joggers, black Vans and then brought my M&S Indigo jumper in case it got cold (which it did not). And then when I got there (well, two hours after I got there, stupid rent a car company) I switched my joggers for my orange Springfield shorts cause it was like 32'C and needless to say, I was dying. Almost.


Bikinis



I got two brand new bikinis for my Majorcan getaway, one from Boux Avenue and one from Jack Wills. I am so in love with my orange number from Boux Avenue, I feel so chic and fabulous in it ;) it's something about the tropical colour and the frilliness of it, a truly girly piece but the not-so-girly-that-you-want-to-vom kind, if you know what I mean? I really loved this bikini, and also my beaut Jack Wills red patterned one that I managed to get on sale (cue jealous grumbles). The bikini top is a push up, cause ya know, everyone needs a lift! It's super flattering and both the top and bottoms both include the classic JW pheasant logo that has become all-too familiar in my wardrobe (I will come to this in another blog post).








Dresses & Playsuits

I brought two playsuits and a dress with me. A gorgeous black and white playsuit from M&S, a cute navy and white polka dot playsuit embellished with gold buttons from New Look and one of the most stunning dresses I have ever seen - a bright blue backless number from, can you guess? Jack Wills! And I got it in the sale too! MUHUHAHAHA!!




Tops

I have these vests that I'm obsessed with, they're from H&M, they're stretchy and I have them in black and white. And about 6 of both colours. They go with everything okay! I wear them with jeans, under see-through shirts, and for this holiday with shorts and skirts. Did I mention they're ridiculously cheap?! Aside from the vest obsession I also brought a H&M t-shirt that's white and then has flecks of loooads of different colours. I also brought a bandeau top from New Look, it's got an Aztec-y print and is perfect for sunbathing as there are no strap marks!





Shorts & Skirts

How can you go on holiday without a pair of shorts and a skirt?! I'd been wanting a skater skirt for aaaages, especially one from H&M 'cause they're super cheap, and whenever I've looked they've always been too big, but luckily just before we went on holiday I managed to bag a a gorgeous maroon one that fits perfectly! I also brought the mint Zara shorts that I mentioned in my last blog post, mint is by far my favourite colour for clothes at the moment, it's so summery and fresh. I took these acid-wash shorts with me that I got from H&M, but regretted the purchase as soon as I got home as I realised that they ride up so far they're practically hot pants, not a good look. But they're okay for when I'm lazing round the pool, it's private so no-one has to see my arse hanging out of a tiny piece of denim, ew. Another addition to my suitcase was a burnt orange, black and green skirt from an amazing shop called Springfields, I discovered it when I was in Portugal a couple years ago but sadly they don't have a store in the UK, but there are loads dotted about in the rest of Europe. Speaking of Sprimgfields, that's where I got the best fitting shorts ever from, they were a deep burnt orange but because of my almost constant, wear of them, they've reduced to a washed-out orange :( I still love them though, don't worry.


Flip-Flops & Sandals

I only brought two pairs of flip-flops on holiday with me, a pair of purple Jack Wills (there he is again) ones and a pair of pink and purple Havianas, everyone needs a pair. Apart from the flip-flops I brought my trusty gladiator sandals which I've had for years and have come with me on almost every holiday since my purchase. I brought my black Vans too, but they were just for the plane. I'm quite pathetic with shoes really (sorry girl world).

What are your holiday must-haves?



0 comments:

Post a Comment