White Rose haul

By | 17:17 Leave a Comment
For those of you that have never heard of it, White Rose is a big shopping centre in Leeds and houses your average high street shops like Topshop, Zara, Marks & Spencer, Debenhams and my new favourite, Boux Avenue.




First we started off in Debenhams and I came across the Illamasqua Alter-Ego Mystery Selection box. I'd seen it before but never bought it, but this time I thought what the hell! The box contains a nail varnish in Collide  (a neon pink shade) and a Liquid Metal in Electrum (gold). But the box also includes four 'mystery products', mine were a blusher in Create (a dark orange/brown, more of a bronzer), a lipstick in Encounter (a deep red), a lipgloss in Fury (a dark lilac) and an eyeshadow in Fame (bright green). The contents of the box are valued at £91.50 but retailed at £39 but I got mine on sale for £19! I had some points on my Beauty Card to spend so I also purchased the De-Slick setting spray from the Urban Decay counter, something I was a little sceptical about because I've tried the All-Nighter setting spray before which was pretty much useless but I must say the De-Slick one seems to work, although I have only used it twice so I may have to wait a little longer to really be able to judge.









Next we went to Ernest Jones as I'd received some money from my Gran for my 18th birthday back in March and I'd been wanting a watch for a while, so I decided on the Michael Kors rose-gold chronograph with a crystallised bezel, and although I was on the verge of collapsing when I handed over my debit card, I've come to the realisation that it is an investment and something I will treasure forever (cheesy, but oh well!).





As I mentioned in the intro, I've become a fan of a new shop in WR called Boux Avenue, it's a lingerie shop and although I haven't actually purchased any lingerie yet, I did get a candle and some pyjamas! The staff in there were really lovely, one girl in particular showed us round the store and explained the layout (if you've never been in before it can be kinda confusing, but simple when you know). The store itself was so beautiful, like a perfect boutique. You walk in through these massive 10 foot-or-something black glossy doors, (you know the fancy kind with the big silver doorknobs) and then there it is. White chests of drawers holding underwear, each drawer labelled with a different size, big white wood cabinets housing candles and reed diffusers and in the middle a huge white table, matching all the other furniture, dressed with bubble baths and body lotions and the cutest vintage perfume bottles! When you get to the back on the left are the changing rooms, which are incredibly cool... Each changing room has a name (I was in the Silk suite!) and inside each one are three buttons to change the lighting, I felt like such a kid ahahaha! I know this is supposed to be about the products but this store was so beautiful, and when the lovely shop assistant bagged up my stuff she wrapped it in pink and white lace tissue paper and sprinkled these white scented petals on top, how fancy! I honestly can't wait to go back there, I intend on buying another candle but this time in the Pink Freesia fragrance, and I shall definitely be getting my hands on those vintage perfume bottles, they'll look perfect on my dressing table! But anyways, back to the task at hand...I purchased a pair of cute pyjamas with a bunny wabbit (the only way to say it) on! I also got a candle in the White Chiffon fragrance and because me and mum had our stuff put through together and she had bought two of their home products, that qualified us for a free 'square product', and I decided on a bubble bath in the Pink Freesia fragrance which was worth £10 - bargain!






Finally we stopped off at Schuh 'cause I was in desperate need of some shoes. Now I know most people will say that and they will have like 50 pairs of shoes but my collection consists of heels, flip-flops, flats that rub so much that my feet bleed and fake Uggs that are bending at the sides. So yes, I really needed some day shoes. I'd been wanting some Nike Blazers and managed to find a vegan pair but I wasn't really willing to pay the price after the whole watch fiasco, so I opted for some Vans! A pair of beautiful, pink Vans...and I feel it may be the first pair of many, they're so flipping comfy!

What are your favourite shops and shopping centres?!



0 comments:

Post a Comment