Balmi Lip Balm review

By | 13:41 Leave a Comment
As I was reading random blog entries one day, I came across a post somewhere in the blogosphere (that typically I can no-longer find) where the blogger had written a comparison between EOS and Balmi lip balms. Now I had previously heard of EOS before after watching make-up collection videos on YouTube, and I really wanted to buy some due to their super-cute packaging and because you could collect them all and have loads of cute little colourful spheres of lip balm! But sadly, they don't sell them in the UK and I couldn't order them online because I wouldn't be home to collect them. But after reading that blog post, I looked on the Boots website (my second home) not expecting them to stock Balmi, but they did! Although the price was a tad expensive for a lip balm, I just couldn't help myself and I ended up ordering the Strawberry and Raspberry scents, and after picking them up from the Boots store and trying them, I fell in love, went straight online and ordered the other two Coconut and Mint scents. Although I couldn't get the EOS balms I really don't feel like I'm missing out now that I've got my Balmis.


From left to right - Mint, Coconut, Strawberry & Raspberry


The lip balms come in one size of 10.5g. They have SPF 15 and UVA protection, not to mention the moisturising properties of Jojoba oil, antioxidant-enriched vitamin e, and shea butter to keep those smackers super-smooth. The mint one also includes an 'added tingle'. I really like these balms, my favourite is probably the Raspberry one, as it's one of my favourite scents in general. The balm stays on for around 3 hours, which is pretty impressive to say you don't need much (it's a fairly oily balm). I don't think the scents themselves are strong or chemical-like, they just smell like the generic raspberry, coconut, mint and strawberry scents, I don't know how to explain them haha! Although, after taking a second sniff at the Strawberry one, it reminded me of those strawberry lollies you get abroad (it is not edible, although I do have to keep stopping myself from licking it off... naughty Saffron!). They don't leave a coloured sheen on the lips, it's just clear and pretty glossy so it's suitable to apply over your favourite lipstick, ideal in the summer when it's hot or the winter when your lips are at their driest.





They're in the same cute spherical shape (although the new ones are cubed due to another company having the patenting rights for the sphere, but they still look good!) with an almost rubber-like coating, but unlike the EOS' they have an attachment for your bag/mobile phone. If you pull on the attachment, the base comes off to reveal the product, which I presume is if you prefer to use your finger for application as the main top part of the lip balm is domed so you can apply it straight to your lips. I'm not a fan of using my finger to apply lip balm as I find it unhygenic and messy, so this alternative to the usual lip balm stick seemed quirky and cute!




Balmi lip balms (both the spherical and cubed versions) are available at Boots for £4.99 and if you want to know more about Balmi lip balms and their other products, visit www.balmi.co.uk

0 comments:

Post a Comment