My Top 10 Cruelty-Free Beauty Buys For Under £10

By | 20:00 Leave a Comment


Ages back I was requested to do this post by a reader on ask.fm, so whoever that was - thank-you for the great idea! Here I have compiled a list of my 10 favourite cruelty-free (of course) budget beauty products ranging from skincare to make-up bits and pieces. Enjoy!




I've had this blusher for years and somehow still haven't hit pan. Talk about value for money! It's a universally wearable colour as it's such a beautiful, natural shade. It's perfectly pigmented and I'd recommend to all!





This has to be the only face wash that I've used that I can tell has properly cleaned my face. Because the muslin cloth that comes with the cleanser is white, and because the cleanser is white too, you can really see all the crap come off your face. It's disgusting but sooo satisfying at the same time. Not to mention it's super gentle on your skin, which is always a bonus. I've mentioned it previously in my 'How To: Care For Your Skin' post that you can have a little read of here.





This stuff comes in super handy. If I'm feeling lazy (which is very often) I can use this to clean my face, and not feel guilty about it. It gives your face a great deep clean, getting out any traces of dirt from the day. Not to mention, it's a great make-up remover! My only problem is that I have to be careful taking my eye make-up off with it, as it's not quite as sensitive as it should be.





I started using this foundation when I was about 15 and I loved it, but at the time I didn't know how to properly apply foundation and concealer, and therefore the coverage wasn't great. Now that I know how to get the most out of a product, I can use the HMF to it's full potential, And despite it not being full coverage like I would usually opt for, it's great when applied on top of Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.





This is probably my favourite nail polish of all time. And I've literally had hundreds of different polishes, but this one tops them all. It gives you a shiny, pigmented finish that can even trick the professionals themselves into thinking you've had a gel manicure. Forget going to the beauticians - just nip to Boots!





If you have trouble applying eyeliner, you need this. This liner has helped me create the perfect eye look on so many occasions, at one point causing a shop assistant at Miss Selfridge to compliment me and ask where my eyeliner was from. Safe to say she was pretty shocked when I said Collection, I think she was expecting me to say MAC or something! Because it's a felt tip, the nip is fairly stiff (stop it) and therefore makes for easier application. It's now a staple in my make-up bag as it doesn't flake or dry out quickly like many others I've tried.





These lipsticks are amazing. They're pigmented, creamy and long-lasting. What else could you want in a lipstick?! The packaging is sleek and classic too, which is always a huge bonus. The only issue is that once you get one, you're gonna wanna get them all...



excuse the chipped nail polish... *cringe*


Everyone and their dog seems to rave on about this stuff, but it really is fab. There are many people out there that dismiss 'cheap' make-up because they believe it's not going to be good. Yet brands like Collection are there to prove them wrong. If you're looking for a medium-to-full coverage liquid concealer, give this one a try. My only main concern is the small colour range, especially for those like me who have pale yet neutral/warm skin.





I've loved their lip balm since around 2010 when I first purchased their limited edition Christmas Spiced Vanilla. Quickly after, I purchased the Cranberry Joy flavour in the range and then the next year, added Candied Ginger to my collection. Sadly, they no longer do them exact lip balms anymore. Two Christmases ago, I went into the Body Shop to see if they had any, but they were replaced by these domed lip balms that were no where near as good, they weren't even creamy like the old ones! I think TBS must've gotten a few requests to bring the old lip balms back as last Christmas they donned a similar formula, and I obviously had to snag one. This time, in the Glazed Apple flavour. Sadly but obviously, these only come around at Christmastime. Therefore, you can either wait or you can get their good-but-not-as-good Lip Butters. I have a bunch of these and I do love them, but they're just not quite the same.





If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll be sick and tired of me raving on about this powder. For the price, it's bloody fab. Yeah the coverage is non-existent but it sets my makeup perfectly. And for just under £2, it's worth a try. I guess that's why I felt it was worth the coveted No.1 place!



What are your favourite budget beauty buys?
~requested~

"We must fight against the spirit of unconscious cruelty with which we treat the animals. Animals suffer as much as we do. True humanity does not allow us to impose such sufferings on them. It is our duty to make the whole world recognise it. Until we extend our circle of compassion to all living things, humanity will not find peace." - Albert Schweitzer 

0 comments:

Post a Comment